Thursday, August 30, 2007

Armpit Weather


Yuck! Hot and humid here in the hills. I am sewing, which I can do with the fans pointed right at me. I am putting together a couple of jungle bags. I have a big roll of this and love the animal faces. Pictorial fabric presents a challenge. You have to cut and sew it so the faces are appropriately placed and looking just right. Kelly saw this fabric and went nuts, which inspired me to make some bags out of it. The browns and reds will go with fall outfits. I wanted to make curtains out of it for Mia's Victorian apartment in Morristown, thinking that the Victorian era had Brits going to Africa for imperial exploits and they shot anything that moved, stuffed it and sent it back to the parlors in England. She didn't want it, so I will turn it into bags. Had some good luck last year with my jungle bags, we'll see if it works again.

No comments: