Friday, August 03, 2007

Mia Passed Her Nursing Board Exam!


She did it! She is a certified Registered Nurse! Matt told me not to worry, that if the computer shut off after 75 questions she must have answered enough correctly. But Mia was concerned, so I was too. My gut told me that if she got the good grades she did in school, and studied as hard as she did that she would pass...but then there is the demon "test anxiety" to worry about. I asked her to meditate on it, picture herself taking the test, perfectly relaxed, doing well, knowing the material, etc. Don't know if she did what I suggested, but who cares? She beat the machine! Now she can go to work, pay off loans, pay rent, buy a decent vehicle that won't break down all the time - and - if I know my daughter - go SHOPPING!! Not to mention enjoy the rewards of a satisfying career. Now to celebrate...where's that pink zinfandel Jan left here the last time she visited??? Or maybe a good swallow of whiskey is in order!

No comments: