Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Sweet Blessings




The reality of AJ's ordination as an Orthodox Christian priest hit me when I watched him give communion to his flock. Now he can hear confessions, baptise and bury them. One of Father Aaron's first duties was to bless the honey brought in by parishioners at St. Paul the Apostle's Church. Honey is well represented in the Bible. I wish I had picked some up before going to the service so I could have some "blessed honey" with my herbal tea in the evening. After the service I headed to the airport to fly home by way of Cleveland. My flights were uneventful and I was able to read an entire NY Times, Vanity Fair magazine, and National Geographic. Hannah was waiting up for me back at the farm and Luke was spending the night with his good budy, Shepherd Mary.

No comments: