Saturday, August 06, 2011

Clan of Candace





My dear fiber artist sheep friend, Candace was at the market today, spinning some luscious Corriedale raised by local shepherd Clair Derr, a postmaster from South Otselic, on her Country Craftsman wheel. Very cool to see how she does her custom thick-and-thin, wound to infinity on the giant bobbin. Candace came out with a new line of copper earrings that Hannah and I were lusting after. The circle and square design reminds me of Viking runes and I had to have some. Fortunately, Candace was also lusting after my Mother Fiber Bluefaced Leicester roving, so a deal was struck. Candace uses my dyed rovings to make her fabulous nuno-felted scarves, which was gloriously validated today by a scarf sale. I was thrilled to see five different runs of Mother Fiber displayed in lovely, artsy, designer scarves. I now have new additions to my earring collection so I can be a proud member of the Clan of Candace. Hannah wanted a gorgeous burnt orange ear flapper, but Candace offered to give me the pattern, which she designed, so that Annie can knit Hannah the same hat. Hannah says hats are in down in Texas, where they have hail and snow in the winter.

No comments: