Friday, August 26, 2011

Bag Factory




I'm turning out the Bundaflicka totes as fast as I can, with Colorscape and the Fingerlakes Fiber Festival, aka "Hemlock," coming up quickly. There is no rushing the process, and animals still have to be fed and cared for. I think I will be okay with bags, but fiber is a concern. I'm way behind in picking and dyeing wool. I have way too much black wool, and dyed white wool is what sells the best. I adore my black sheep. My fleeces were not so terrific this year. Lambing really takes a lot from the quality of wool. Fortunately Colorscape is not a fiber show, but Hemlock is. I'm hoping to have some wool out to the mill by the end of next week which they can deliver to me at NY State Sheep and Wool at Rhinebeck. I hate to disappoint my spinners and felters. This was a crazy year. Somehow I have to get a shearing done in September. I have a few goats running around with some nice mohair on them. Add it to the list. I'm trying not to think about my new teaching position, which starts week after next. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: