Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rocking Them Out


I love the way Tulip, my Dutch-Canadian friend AKA Kimmie Cornerstone, puts it. She says she knows I will rock them out. That is what I'm trying to do. I'm building up an inventory of product for the upcoming shows, while trying to make some sense out of this farm for the remaining time I'm home from school. Oh, yes, school. I have to go in tomorrow morning to meet with Madame Supervisor to discuss my "clients" (special ed. lingo) for this year. Okay, suck it up, get in there and find out what I'll be dealing with. I made LIME soap today - oh, the house smells wonderful. Lemon Eucalyptus in the molds yesterday, Lime today, Mango tomorrow. This is too much fun. I've got Bundaflicka Totes hanging from the ceiling again. Can't have too many of them. Shepherd Mary and her friend, Robert, came to get the trailer today. Robert is great, he had the tires inflated and popped that bad boy out of the weeds lickedty split. He's a real can-do kind of guy, and always has a smile on his face. Robert is going to make a guest cabin out of my first home on this farm. He'll put a wood-stove in it and hook up the bathroom. That tin-can kept me dry, maybe not warm, for a year. Two people were too many in that trailer, let alone all those dogs and a poor kitty or two. I remember trying to open the door against a wall of snow, and waking up with my hair frozen to the siding. The water pipes Matt ran out there froze in December, even wrapped in heat tape. The port-o-potty people took it away, too. I only had a camp potty in the milk room, requiring a run through the dark into the barn. On Saturdays when Matt would come home from working in New Jersey, we would pull a stock tank in the milk room, the only place I had running water, and we'd have Red Neck Saturday Night. The only baths I got during the week were quick splashings in the sink in school. The principal found out about my situation and quietly pulled me aside and offered me the cosmetology shower. Now I have my giant claw foot tub which I indulge in daily, filled to the brim with hot, soapy water. Oh, it's heaven.

2 comments:

Henya said...

Fruit cocktail Maggie style! I love your soaps. Still have some!
And when I unwrap the, I put the pretty fabric into my yarn shelves to make the yarn smell sweet.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

There's only one smell missing but its coming in the mail for you ;)
HUGS
Kim and crew