Sunday, June 12, 2011

Turtle Update



I've had so many people ask about the turtle I rescued that I thought I should post an update. I'm happy to report that the little one is fine and living in a protected turtle pond at the lavish Pet Street Station veterinary facility in Norwich. They determined that he is a Painted Turtle and was bitten, not shot, as my friend Lea first hypothesized. Examination of the photo shows coordinating canine teeth marks on the top and bottom of the shell, with another tearing type wound above his back leg. Maybe a dog or coyote or bear tried to make a meal out of the little bugger. That explains how he escaped internal injuries. The Pet Street people painted his shell with epoxy and dried it with a hair dryer. I wish all turtles had such a happy ending, or beginnings I should say.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Thank you for the up-date.