Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Soap


Time to make more soap. I'll be making it next week. If I cook some every now and then it doesn't have to be a big production when I get too low. I'm almost out of Unscented (yes, there are some people who want it, incredibly)Honey Oatmeal, and, at long last, I hope to make a batch of Patchouli. I can't stand people asking for it, pleading for it, any longer. Patchouli is my favorite but it's not for everyone. People either love it or hate it. I have an order for Patchouli hand creme at school. I made some a while back, and made the mistake of putting on some Patchouli creme before going to a meeting at school. One teacher said "eeewww, what's that smell???" and the principal chimed in that it smells like mold! I should have kept my mouth shut but I confessed to the offense. Poor people, they just haven't lived.... One woman at the market told me patchouli has been used for years and years as a bug repellent in Europe before it was adopted as the hippie love scent. There is patchouli and there is patchouli. Rainbow Meadow has some very pungent patchouli and that's the one I want.

No comments: