Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Farm Fresh Eggs


Every morning I offer my students breakfast. I am blessed with a kitchen in my classroom and we use it every chance we get. The students like to cook it themselves which gives me a chance to do my "hygiene lesson" and other teaching. A Social Studies teacher can make a history lesson out of a box of cake mix, a stick of butter, or just about anything else you would find in a kitchen. The eggs I bring from my own chickens are beyond delicious. You hardly need to put any salt or pepper on them. The other day I had a store-bought egg and was reminded how fortunate I am to have my chickens. I think chickens are the greatest farm animals. They are very self-sufficient, entertaining, and their gifts come without any bloodshed involved AND they come in biodegradable packages! The incredible, edible EGG.

No comments: