Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Blue Ribbon Photo


I entered five pictures in the Maryland Sheep and Wool Sheep Photo Contest this year. I thought they were all good and two were spectacular, in my humble un-professional opinion. This is the only one that placed, and it won a blue ribbon in the Landscape Divison. I called it Dinner Time. Last year my portrait of Horatio, my rescued Rambouillet ram, won first place in the Sheep Portrait division, along with a second for Almost Home in the Landscape Division, a picture of Luna making her way down the hill to the barn along the old stone wall and looking back at me. The year before that I won first place, Best in Show, with my Princess of the Flowers. Prior to that it was twelve years ago that I won a blue ribbon. Competition is very stiff in the Md. photo contest as there are many shepherds who love to take pictures of their sheep. I don't know anything about photography, and I use a point and shoot digital camera (thank you, Dan) but I truly love the subjects - my sheep and my farm.

2 comments:

Henya said...

Beutiful photo! No wonder you got the Blue Ribbon for it.

Four Owls Farm said...

It's a lovely shot, congratulations :) Suzy