Monday, May 09, 2011

After Hours




When the patrons went home from Maryland Sheep and Wool, Kim, Mia and I dined at the Shepherd's Feast. Savoy Catering provided us with a hearty meal which perked us up after a long day working the Maggie's Farm booth and taking in the festival sights. We went back to our building to find it locked for the night. Not a problem - the weather was lovely with stars and a waxing crescent moon in the evening sky. We spent some time sipping my favorite Harvey's Bristol Cream, a gift from Mia, and skirting raw fleeces. It was the perfect activity to end a busy day at a sheep festival, immersing ourselves in a freshly shorn fleece, with the lovely aromatic lanolin all over our hands. I was thrilled when the three fleeces we skirted were purchased on Sunday. I intend to sell more raw fleeces, avoiding the "value added" step of having them carded into roving. It was quite a boost for me to see people stop in their tracks at the sight of a raw, natural colored Bluefaced Leicester fleece sticking up out of a bag. Yes, it's the draw of the fiber that gets us all in trouble.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hi Maggie,

So great to see you this weekend and buy soap, roving and hand creme. My apartment smells so wonderful now.

I should have stopped by on Sunday!!! I didn't realize you would have some fleeces for sale. This year I came to buy a fleece. The color in the photo is close to what I am looking for.

Some other time unless you want to mail one to me!!

Kirsten

Henya said...

Yammy yammy wool!