Friday, March 04, 2011

Izzy Underfoot


Izzy has to be involved in everything that is going on around the farm. He is everywhere, always paying attention and ready to "help" if needed. To Izzy "helping" means driving the sheep somewhere. Izzy is really good at driving the sheep in one direction. He's not too good at bringing them back the other way. That's okay. Izzy is totally in love with me, and wants only to be at my side. When I was sitting in a jug with the new ewe lamb, helping mom and babe get the nursing thing going, I turned to see Izzy, peeking in the back as if to say "I'm here if you need me, and even if you don't need me, I'll be here anyway!" Money can't buy the kind of love I get from Izzy. Izzy and I will be ready to bed down together soon. It's been a long day. Izzy fits just right in the small of my back, or up against my belly. To think Izzy was "returned" when he was purchased as a purebred Rat Terrier puppy, then used as payment to a handyman who handed him off to his mother-in-law, who broke her back in a truck accident, then begged me to take him! Thank Goodness I did!

No comments: