Sunday, April 01, 2007

My New Boots


Boots are to a farmer what combat boots are to an infantryman...just ask my son, AJ, the infantry soldier. I was in real need of a new pair of boots but I am fussy. They have to be just right, and I was not completely happy with the Muck boots I wore for two years. They don't breathe like advertised, and were awful to get on and off. It was not easy to get my jeans inside them, either. AND the fact that they are made in China did not sit right with me. The invasion and occupation of Tibet, human rights violations, avian flu, animal abuse, etc. all conspire against buying anything Chinese for me. If I know it and I can help it I don't give them my money. Soooo, I just happened to find the perfect pair of boots in downtown New Berlin at Homestead Feed. They are made in America, by union workers (like me), and zip up the front. They are made of very tough rubber and have a zipper up the front so I can tuck my jeans in easily. The heel is nice and high to support my broken foot, on the leg that was broken by my Golden Retriever Bodie (another story). After wearing them for two days in a row I am satisfied I found the right boots...at 40% off! Sold!

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

mommie.. those are so cute!!!! you were in need to new boots! more muck boots for mia!! yya!