Saturday, April 14, 2007

Find The Llamas


Gretchen says my posts are like "find the llama" pictures...kind of like "Where's Waldo?" I thought this was a good find the llama picture. I asked Gretchen if she would like to come out to the farm and meet my babies over spring break which begins today. She walked away saying something like, I don't know it depends on the weather. I will leave it at that. I'm becoming very wary of "civilians" in the barn. I'm more secretive of my world than I used to be. I can still see Jan's husband, standing in front of the pool of muddy water that you have to cross to get into the animal area in his spanky white sneakers. No wonder he left to go register at the B&B. People must think I am utterly crazy. I think I am crazy. I had a nasty fall last night on the piece of plywood I put down so I wouldn't have to walk through that water forty times a day. I have a baseball size knot on the chin of my good leg. A wheelbarrow full of grain went over on that plywood two nights ago, making it even more slippery. Two carpenter/plumbers come in and out of this barn, and I still have to wade through water. Just seems to work that way for me. After chores this morning I will put on gloves, pick up the piece of plywood and shovel the wet grain/muddy water away as best I can. The rest of the day has to be spent on taxes, as I have an apt. with the new accountant tomorrow. Bummer. I will have to look at the cold reality of another year of losing a lot of money on my business. I better enjoy it while I can because it can't go on like this.

No comments: