Sunday, April 29, 2007

Top O' the Hill on a Beautiful Day






The clouds blew away and a gorgeous blue sky with puffy white clouds moved in. We took the doggies, all except the white boys, up the hill to the upper pond. I brought balls to throw in the pond for Bodie. I am worried about his legs stiffening with age and thought that a swim would be good for him. The hike was just was Matt and I needed for our own legs stiffening with age! There are parts of my land I haven't explored yet, and we took them in on the way down. My farm is not what you would call the best for hay production, etc. The guy who got here before me with deep pockets got the best hayfields. But I have the heart of the farm - the barn - and the land around it has the most character. I love the ridge that rises up behind the barn, with big pines intermingled amoung the indigenous trees. It looks like Colorado to me. We checked out what will be goatland someday, and the many springs bubbling up from underground. My critters will always be able to find water. We checked out the lower pond which is full of frog's eggs. Whenever I rescue a turtle from the middle of a highway (the stories I could tell!) I bring it home to the lower pond, which is wilder and muckier than the upper pond. My camera card filled up before we got there, so I will save that for another post.

No comments: