Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter


Last night around six o'clock I found Celeste's buck twin lying flat, looking dead. I couldn't believe it, how did I let this happen? His heart was beating but that was the only sign of life. I searched for my tubing apparatus and fortunately found the syringe and the tube. Tubing is not for the weak at heart...you have to make sure you don't feed the tube into the lungs, which is easy to do. After two tubings and a night on the open oven door, this little greeted standing up - just like you see him here. Made for a very happy Easter morning for me. His mother accepted him back okay but is not up letting him nurse yet. I was afraid the smell of nutri-drench and milk replacer might put her off, but she still likes him. How could she not, he is a real looker with his mom's blue eyes.

No comments: