Sunday, April 08, 2007

Snowy Easter Morning



No new births last night. Quiet snowy morning, warm in the trailer with the propane oven door open. Hot, dry heat, next best thing to a fire place. For years I would get up on a morning like this and get last night's coals going again. Oh, how I long for a fireplace. The peasant in me needs the warmth of the open flame. I have friends with fireplaces that are never used and remain clean the whole winter. Not me - I miss it like crazy. I bought one in the fall with my Rhinebeck money so that Matt could get the sheet rock up in the apt. I thought I could sneak in there and sit in front of it and spin a little once in a while - but Matt couldn't get it installed correctly for me to use this winter. He just doesn't get it. Better get going on chores. The ewe is still pawing at the dirt next to the dog's pen. My church will be in the barn this Easter morning.

1 comment:

Judy said...

When planning our house, I wanted a fireplace. We settled on a woodstove but with a glass door so I could watch the flames. Like you I have the stove but the house is a work in progress.