Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday Night Blues


Back to work today...I like my colleagues, I like the kids, but being stuck inside a building all day - I don't like that. I took my art class out to sit on the grass and watercolor, but three boys started a dirt bomb fight near the "Dozer Trail" where the kids learn how to operate heavy equipment. It looks like so much fun - like playing with real full sized Tonka Toys. Anyway, Denise came out and rescued me by taking the dirt bombers back inside so the rest of us could dabble with paint in the sunshine with the gentle breezes blowing. Something feels weird about 80 degrees in upstate New York in April...hmmmm, is it global warming? Big Daddy is leaving to go back to work in NJ. Bummer. The good part is that he runs around like crazy helping get things together for me during the coming week. He picked up hay, fixed the water problem in the entry way, tried to get the outside lights to work, and couldn't, but he tried. If the moon is not out I have to feel my way down the barn stairs and follow the trailer lights. He has to leave at 3 am, and work a 10 hour day on some rich lady's barn turned pool cabana and apartment, and collapse in a motel room. I guess I won't complain too much...

No comments: