Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Nice Surprise


I was sitting at my desk yesterday, enjoying the sublime pleasure of completing a whole week of school, when Gretchen walked in leading Big Daddy. Matt had never been in my school before. I knew he was on his way home, having been rained out of work in NJ, but I didn't know he would be paying me a surprise visit. Isn't it nice that a reunion after only four days apart can spark a kissing and hugging session and give me warm fuzzies that I haven't felt since the Vietnam War? Denise, my roommate, had to turn away blushing. I took him on a tour of BOCE, which included a lengthy conversation with the carpenter teacher. Matt lusted after the gorgeous building trades shop we have. He has plans to convert out pole barn into a shop for himself someday...fantasies are free, remember? We caught a fish dinner on the way home at Remember When in New Berlin. A couple, both Miami Florida cops, moved up here and renovated the old hospital into a Victorian era restaurant and B&B. It's adorable - and the gas fireplace was going. I ordered a glass of Zinfandel - cool and pink...what a treat. Then it was home to the farm and the chores. I forced myself to sit up and watch yet another WWII documentary on Gen George S. Patton (Matt's uncle followed him all over Europe) so I could catch Bill Mahre after it. Made it to Bill but promptly fell asleep during the opening monologue. Oh, well, I can tell you all about the Battle of the Bulge.

No comments: