Monday, December 05, 2011

Happy Bag Ladies


I caught a couple of Bag Lady pics at Plowshares over the weekend.  I completely forgot to take pictures of the wonderful people who buy my Bundaflicka totes until the end of the day yesterday.  Kim is not a camera person and I get busy talking to customers and they slip out with the bags.  Pictures are especially meaningful to me as I have a record of the tote, many of which are one or two of a kind.  I get a kick out of looking at who buys what type of tote.  The totes are very personal and a lot of hard work.  One lady said she kicked herself all year long for not buying two totes last year.  She came back to this year's show and picked out two, still reminiscing about the "totes that got away."  After purchasing two she went out to her car, then turned around to come back and buy one more.  That lady is a bag maker herself, and confesses to have "a hundred bolts of upholstery fabric," but hates to do pockets.  She likes my pocket assembly in the inside of the totes, which does serve to separate mine from the masses of bag makers.

No comments: