Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Big Boys

Zack, my purebred Border Leicester ram, is the father of TJ and Robin, my new twins.  He is extremely handsome and has a lovely, thick curly fleece.  Romeo, the black Merino/Bluefaced Leicester ram, is also very handsome and carries a thick, fine fleece.  Don't think he got his licks in, as we removed both rams on August 1.  We know that was too late by at least one birth, and Lilly is all set to go.  Hopefully that's it for this winter.  With the temps going down I don't want any lambsicles when I come home from work.  I do love my Big Boys.  They are both very friendly and have never butted me or shown any ram-like behavior.  Zack is still trying to get through the heavy gate and fence assembly that prevents him from doing any more damage.

No comments: