Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fat and Happy Puppies


The puppies continue to eat, sleep and grow.  They are starting to have play time with each other, making little barks and yips, but they mainly eat and sleep.  I think they are too rolly-polly to do much walking and running yet, but it will happen soon.  Matt replace the baseboard heat in the "work room" where I plan on keeping the puppies when they need room to run around.  With temps diving - 2 F. this morning - heat is good.  Matt alsoconnected the electric to the front porch so I can have a stoop light and Christmas lights.  I better do it now, while the sun is shining on the porch for warmth and my hands won't freeze.  We also got shots and tail/scrotum banding done on TJ, Robin, Joseph and Gabriel.  Not a pleasant job but it had to be done.  All the lambs are sturdy and strong.  My Patchouli soap is setting in the molds, and should be divine.  I love the stuff so much I put the soap pot in my bath water so the little bit lining it would not be lost.  I have to bring wood in for the night, continue the emptying of the van, and make a batch of Patchouli creme for some orders I have received.  No problem there, as I would love some myself.  I'll try to get chores done before dark, which is shortly after four, so I can get in for the night and get things done in here.  Christmas is here, as simple and homey as can be on the farm.  I like to think how the baby Jesus, when he opened his eyes for the first time, looked into the faces of sheep and goats.  Lovely faces they are.  This Christmas we are blessed with PUPPIES to play with, along with my beautiful lambs.

No comments: