Thursday, August 19, 2010

Way Too Much Fun



I'm enjoying this "free time" waaaay too much. Forget about the fact that I am "stuck" on the farm. Forget about the fact that I haven't had a vacation in 12 years (except for the honeymoon cruise which I loved but Mr. Grouchy felt the Samoan stewards were being "exploited" by the Americans!!)and am not likely to get one this year other than sheep show weekends. Some fabulous times I am enjoying in no particular order are as follows:

Staying in my jammies until 10 am without worrying what the Brookfield Fire Dept. would say in the event of a barn fire.

Spinning wool while watching Morning Joe or the Today Show and getting all the latest news and political dialogue.

Walking my dogs to the pond in the high meadow and gazing at the world below.

Sewing tote bags to my hearts content and cutting out piles of more bags to be sewn at a later time when I am too tired from doing other things and need something I can do sitting down.

Watching my pigs slurp, slurp, slurp their slop then going back into the barn to get them more treats because I like them so much.

Spending too much time on Facebook and Blogger, but it's so much fun and I don't see many humans this time of year so I "talk" to them online.

Throwing corn out to the mother chickens and watching them lead their chicks away from the corn to forage for natural things because they are teaching them that the corn might now always be there and one should learn how to make do...there's a life lesson for us!

There is a minimum of housekeeping done this time of year and making product is a good excuse. There is no escape, however, from cooking the required "hot meal" for the husband and cleaning up the mess afterwards.

My box of Jacquard dyes came from Dharma yesterday and my schedule will be disrupted by the sorting, picking, washing and dyeing of my lovely fibers. It takes weeks to get them done and I am behind schedule. My first show, Colorscape Chenango, is a very classy fine art show where I think people are more interested in the bags, etc., but Fingerlakes in Hemlock follows a week after and the spinners/knitters who travel down from Rochester are very interested in fibers. So Maggie might not be able to spend as much time playing with the pigs, ducks, chickens and sheep. Better to be too busy then not busy at all.

By the way, here is the latest Bag of the Day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty bag! But then again I love all your bags. lol
Oh Maggie you sound so much like me only you keep getting more animals and I've cut way back. It gets to costly to feed them and I still have a 17 year old to feed and cloth! lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry Maggie, I couldn't remember my password. lol
Susie aka Goat Lady Soap Co.

Henya said...

I love this bag! It is beutiful.
Gglad you are having nice, relaxing time. School starts soon.

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Oh lovely bag :) and more exciting new dye colours -what did you get????? Enquiring minds are dyeing (haha) to know what colours await the Mother fiber of Maggies Farm!!!

Anonymous said...

This bag is beautiful.