Friday, August 13, 2010

Market Tomorrow


Market day rolled around pretty quick this week. The weather looks like it will cooperate. I have three bags to finish today. I like to have something new for the people to see every week. I don't sell a lot of bags at the market, maybe one a week, but they do draw people into the booth. Last week a woman rushed in and said is this the place where you sell the $20 bags? I said, no, not me, but check on the other side of the square. I knew the vendor she was talking about. I saw her march by later with the cheap bag. No problem for me. Nobody I know puts as much work into her bags as I do and I'm content to wait for the customer who recognizes the work. I'm making bags for fall shows anyway, and like to show them off at the market. I need to make more creme tonight. The little jars sell very well at the market. I have to put together more Mother Fiber Sample Packs but don't know if it will happen tonight. I didn't get much sleep last night and I'm fading fast. Eric called this morning and I was able to talk to Hannah and Luke, which made me feel a lot better. They are very excited and happy about their move. Departure day for Flower Mound, Texas, will take place on Wednesday. Annie will drive two kids, two dogs, two cats, a snake and two hermit crabs in her Toyota Forerunner all the way to Dallas where they will stay in a hotel until the closing in about two weeks. Brave woman! I got some hay from Stan, near Mary's, for Miss Mamie, my ancient crippled ewe, and the chicken nest boxes. I poked around the tractor shed and found some roving for Susanne Farrington, the potter who I get my shaving cups from. She likes natural colored roving for her felting classes and I found some Finn, Shetland and alpaca for her. I also found a gorgeous, new Etienne Aigner trenchcoat which I purchased for myself when Mia was a baby. I could hardly get one whole arm in it. Maybe it will fit Mia or Hannah. Trench coats are all the rage now, but then, they always were. I want to clean out that building someday. It will make fantastic hay storage, or an antique barn. Wouldn't that be cool?

No comments: