Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School


I'm going in to school today to meet with my trusty aide, Robin, and go over the files of some new students we'll be working with this fall. With our student population we can't just walk into the year cold. This late summer heat wave continues, and I hope to get another fleece out to dry when I get back. The goats and sheep have been escaping to neighbors fields, and are locked up. That means buying hay until I can buy and install some fencing. Randy and his father are coming this weekend to put some males in the freezer. I've been avoiding this for a while now but it's time. At least I'll know where they are. Some of my old Bluefaced Leicester wethers are big and fat with hardly a pound of wool on them. How can such a grand, fleshy sheep have such a small amount of wool? It just doesn't seem right. I won't be eating them, but I'll have cat and dog food for the winter. I'm getting out of town for this, and heading south to Morristown to bring Mia some things and see Lisa's new baby, Kai. They are flying in from San Francisco to show the little one to family. I sure hope Hurricane Earl does not conspire to ruin my plans.

1 comment:

Henya said...

So much is happening around you now! I hope all will go well.