Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quilt Bug



I finally got to check out the quilt shop in Esperance, NY. I've passed it many times on the way back and forth from the airport in Albany. I got there just in time after taking Hannah, Luke and Annie yesterday. I was able to get the triangle template I needed and some good advice from the owner of the shop. She told me to spray the washed quilt fabric with starch or sizing while ironing to give it some body. She also showed me how to fold the fabric in quarter width strips before cutting. It beats tracing each and every triangle by hand. If only I could find my Olfa cutter and mat I would really be in business. I really have to make some small hand creme jars for Saturday's market. Luckily, they sell very well. At $5 a jar it's a pretty good deal. Funny, I remember my first tiny can of Bag Balm, purchased at the quilt shop in Basking Ridge, NJ, years ago. Now I'm making my own quilter's balm, but calling it Shepherd's Friend, not Quilter's Friend. Life does take us on some twists and turns...

1 comment:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

What a beautiful picture!!