Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chartreuse Bag



I thought surely the weather report was wrong and it would rain. My pop-up was ruined when I left it in the barnyard after Sherry took her horse home. The wind took it away and left it torn and broken. I borrowed one from Candace but she needed it back. Luckily, I didn't need one today. The clouds blew away in a lively breeze and a lovely day emerged. I sold my chartreuse mohair bag right away to a woman who bought a bag two years ago. Funny, I never thought a bag of this unusual color would sell, even though it feels fantastic. Jane Porter had a Belgium mill weave this fabric for her when she had her dress business. One day at the market she came out of her shop and invited me to look at some remnants. I made two from this chartreuse mohair. The customer was thrilled with it. You see, there is a person for every Bundaflicka Bag I make. I just have to wait until they find me.

No comments: