Thursday, July 01, 2010

People and their Totes


I enjoy meeting people and hearing their stories. As I was packing up my soap at the Syracuse Jazz Festival I turned around to see a very well-dressed woman examining my Bundaflicka Bags. I always ask if I can answer any questions and wait for cues from the potential customer. Some want me to show them the totes, others want to be left alone to check them out. This lady told me she was looking for a tote to carry her sleep apnea machine when she travels. She is from California and was in NY visiting her daughter. Sleep apnea machine? That's a first for me. I've had people buy totes for their oxygen tanks, spinning wheels, rug hooking wool strip cutting machines, and every manner of fiber art accoutrement. The nice lady told me all about her sleep apnea woes. When she was finally diagnosed, after much searching, the doctors determined she fell asleep 52 times in one hour. The machine changed her life. I was truly honored that my Bundaflicka bag was to carry around such an important life-changing device. The lady chose this bag, one of two I made from this lovely fabric. It was chosen for me by my classical pianist and movie composer sister-in-law, Loretta Jankowski.

No comments: