Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mia's Quilt


Hannah and I are getting ready to start Mia's Wedding Quilt. This is not a traditional wedding quilt, just a quilt that we think Mia would like, and one that represents her love of color and the outdoors. I trust it will be hung on the wall to protect it from Mr. FINN, my Dog-In-Law. Most of the fabrics have been in my stash forever and I'm happy to see them used. The Hoffman-California Moose Batik is just SO Mia I had to have it. She and Andrew are always looking for the elusive moose on their camping adventures. This fabric not only has moose, but wolves, bear, squirrels and such. Hannah and I thought a simple triangle design would do. We'll let the fabrics do the talking. It's so ridiculously HOT and HUMID outside that sitting at a sewing machine with a big fan on full speed is about all we can manage in the way of entertainment today...that is, except for the POND, where we will be cooling off late this afternoon.

No comments: