Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis' the Season




We've been busy decorating our class for Christmas. The kids made ornaments for our little tree and strung cranberries and popcorn for a garland. I brought in my little Singer Featherweight and helped them sew stockings for themselves and their babies - born and unborn. We painted a faux fireplace to hang them on. It was so much fun to teach them new skills and marvel at how creative and artistic they are. I wish I had more time to do up my apartment the way I used to. I would spend weeks getting ready for Christmas, then drive up and down my development street, checking out how everything looked, inside and out. My life has changed drastically since those days. Between my teaching job and fall shows, not to mention keeping all these critters alive, there isn't a whole lot of time to decorate. But as my friend Kim told me tonight, Christmas is in the barn with my sheep. I'll go out there now to give Luna her night-night bottle and pray there are no little shivering wet bundles struggling to stand up in this frigid cold. Lambs come from heaven, just not tonight please!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Absolutely -anybody who wants to know why Jesus chose to be a barn should go out into Maggies barn at night-everybody bedded down peacefully, an old sheep curled up with his chicken friend the snow falling out the big open doors with the light of a shining star over the snow and a mama sheep nuzzling her little one who greets you with a wagging little tail -how come there cannot be peace on earth like that elsewhere :)
HUGs all
Kim