Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodnight


I just made a barn check. One AM. No lambsicles tonight. A poor goatie had a stillborn baby, not old enough to be viable. I feel so sorry for her. She's still looking for it even though I sneaked it away several hours ago. Goats are amazingly devoted mothers, better than many humans. The sweater I knitted today fits Luna perfectly, big, chubby girl that she is. I've thoroughly spoiled her, carrying a bottle with me every time I go into the barn. I give Lilly an apple with one hand, taking care not to lose fingers, and balance Luna's bottle with the other. Milk replacer, made from whey, the liquid by product of cheese making (remember, eating her curds and whey?)is very rich and will put weight on a lamb. Loki is the only one without a sweater now and I have one on the needles for him. I feel so wonderfully guilty, sitting on the sofa knitting. I was truly on vacation today, reading the NY Times, watching TV, knitting, snacking, spinning a little and taking a nice long nap. Didn't even try to go out with the snow storm going on, and didn't have to. I could really get used to this. Whatever will I do when I have to go back to work next week? I'm real sleepy and should fall away quickly, with ET on the television in the next room. I adore that movie and the familiar soundtrack will soothe me. Nighty-night.

No comments: