Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Snow Day


What a treat. Thank you public education! A surprise day off! I had a feeling when I saw Sherburne-Earlville had closed, but BOCES hardly ever closes. Now I can keep an eye on my newest ram lamb - little Loki, born around 11 PM last night. I know that Othello got his last licks in before he keeled over last summer because Loki looks just like him, complete with a little white spray of wool on top of his head. Mom is a little nervous, and I needed help milking her out this morning, but hopefully she'll come around. Bluefaced Leicesters are fantastic mothers. Luna, my first ewe lamb this winter, in another pen, is thriving on milk replacer. I'll sew today between barn checks. More lambs to come. Last show this weekend - this extra day to get ready is a nice gift. Ciao for now.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

HUGS Honey!!!!

I love the name Loki ! I have a bunny named that too.
Enjoy your snow day!!!!!
Kim and crew