Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Time to Go


So hard to leave the farm after a glorious summer here. If I was able to stay home would I appreciate it as much? Hard to say. Human nature is such that we take things for granted. I will wonder and worry about my little, and big, friends all day long. I feel like I am leaving a giant day-care center unattended. Who knows what I'll find when I get home. The chickens in the bathroom are flying out of their box. I saw their mother yesterday, in the back barnyard with the angora bucks. She had one of the two chicks I left with her following her around. The eggs I recently rescued are still peeping inside. I almost threw them away this morning when I heard a protest coming from inside one of them! Kind of like Horton Hears a Who!

2 comments:

Henya said...

Have a good school year Maggie. I am sure your friends big and small will miss you.

Maggie's Farm said...

Thanks, Henya! I will rush home to them as quickly as I can!