Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Old Wheels

I think I found a new set of wheels. It's a Ford Windstar van, old as the hills but is in good condition and is fully loaded. I haven't had power windows in 11 years, a real treat with my bum left arm. It's only got 102 K on it with no rust and a lot of room inside for my farmer's market and craft show set up. I can even put sheep in there in a pinch. I can get one of those boxes for the top to put my wool in. It has the movie screen so I can show my doggies a flick while I take them for a ride. It's only a few inches off the ground so old dogs (myself included) won't have trouble getting in. The guys around the corner from Mary's farm have it for sale. They said they might be able to clean it up and inspect it for me to pick up next week. It's cheap enough that I can pay cash. They only let me drive it up and down the road, and it needs a tune up real bad, but I think it will be okay. I asked them if it would go another 100 K and they said Sure! (What else would they say?) Keeping my fingers crossed...this has been a stressful element in a stressful month. I put a chicken with potatoes in the oven to roast, and will boil a big bunch of spinach for dinner - simple homey grub to feed my heart and soul. Un-oh, my blog won't upload images! What's going on? Sunspots again?

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

What year is it? Daryl wants to know so he can tell you what is good and bad about them :)
HUGS
Kim