Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colorscape Chenango '09


Got my booth set up by 10 am, just in time for the gates to open at Colorscape. What a fabulous festival. So many classy, talented artists and thousands of happy, friendly patrons. The music was fantastic with people dancing in front of the stage. Many BOCES people came by, including Miss Gretchen and her friend, Amy, who were kind enough to work my booth so I could take a walk. Joe Saladino, my Rikers Island corrections officer turned BOCES substitute brought me a complete eggplant parmigian dinner so I wouldn't get hungry! All day long festival officials came by, with badges on that said "Evaluator" or "Judge" which I found very interesting. Don't think I will get chores done in time to get back by nine to the "awards breakfast." I just got everybody taken care of and bales out (can't let the flock loose to graze without someone here) and my jeans in the washer last night before I gave out and hit the sofa. Matt is at the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival in New Jersey, which, he reports, is woefully unattended and people who come to look are not spending. Who'd a thunk it - here, in povertry stricken upstate New York, the arts are thriving. In wealthy Hunterdon County, New Jersey, people are holding on to their pennies. Very interesting...gotta get out in the barn and get this show on the road.

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

i'm really glad that you got to enjoy the show a little.. sounds very nice!