Saturday, May 09, 2009

Total Drama Farm


As I was rushing around getting ready for the farmer's market early this morning, I heard a maaaa, maaaa in the barn. Sure enough, there she was...Monkey had a tiny little white buck kid this morning! She gave birth on Thor's bed and left the afterbirth as evidence! Monkey and Thor are great friends. She loves her little guy. I was hoping she would have a black doe kid. Black girls rule around here, but I guess Monkey didn't get the memo in time. I don't mind. I'm relieved she gave birth on the weekend when I was here, and that mom and kid are doing fine. I think this is Hecky's first kid, and he has Celeste's (Monkey's mom) blue/green eyes! Soooo beautiful.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hannah says you should name the new buck kid "Jean-Luc," since this is a Star Trek weekend and he is Celeste's grandson (We think Celeste sounds French).

Cornerstone Fibres said...

CONGRATS!!!!!
I'll bet he's sooo cute though.
HUGS
Kim

Kathleen said...

Yeay! a baby! Where's the picture, Aunt Maggie?