Sunday, May 31, 2009

Farmer's Market Day








I look forward to the market all week. If I couldn't be with Eric and his family for the birthday celebration I was happy at the market. It's a celebration of local people and their industrious, creative natures. Vendors wander around and compliment each other on their wares. Occasionally, patrons compliment us with their purchases. There are three soapmakers at the market now - a lot of competition. I am currently making more money selling handbags than soap. That's okay. I know I will sell soap at fall shows. They don't have anything else to sell and I have a few different things. I want everyone who takes the time and hard work to set up at the market to be successful in some way. The weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday. Cool and sunny with a gentle breeze blowing. I know it won't last. The dogs days of July and August are miserable there. I sit there and wilt. Fortunately, I am next to a lamp post with a plug so I can bring a fan. But for now, I'm loving the market.

No comments: