Friday, May 15, 2009

Back to the Market


Good weather forecast for tomorrow so I'll hit the market early. It's the Colgate graduation day and I'm hoping parents will stroll through. What a long, dreary week with losing Bodie and Matt's crippling injury, and always so much drama at school. Matt made it back into the office today and managed okay but crawled into the barn upon returning home. The whole group is leaving for an energy conference in Lake Placid and Matt is presenting. 78 people signed up to hear him speak already. Hope he makes it. I heard good news from San Jose today. The power couple (Annie and Eric) are powering away. Eric talked the San Francisco 49'ers into starting a Boy Scout troop - Troop 49! So cool. Annie has BIG news that is a secret for now. All systems go for Hannah and Luke to come the end of June. The septic should be done tomorrow. Everything was going fine until I came home and Mr. Maines, the excavator, told me this doesn't fit that and we have to have four of these that fit before it starts to rain tomorrow afternoon and the whole project is ruined. Lovely! Matt came home, called the place where the thingys were purchased and the guy said CUT them to FIT!! Anyway, Mr. Maines covered Bodie up nicely, a relief since all Bodie's doggie friends kept trying to visit him. I keep waiting for Jasper to reappear from the "cave" I place him in last summer. I guess Knut and Finn dug a good hole because he stayed put. I have a cute little plaid purse to finish tonight, and some soap to wrap. Carol sent me some luscious red/coral trapunto lining for a black bag I want to make. So glad she is still on board as my "personal fabric shopper." Have to get over to Ithaca to visit her and all those lovely haunts of hers. She has a big art book exhibit opening over there now. Can't wait to see the pictures.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Looks like this kitty has got it good. rolling in fiber, that is a dream.
Caron picks out the nicest fabrics. I have started using the bag with the silk lining, it is so good. I can fit three small projects there, and a notebook, and diapers, and a whole bunch of other things. I love it.