Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Cold and Crisp


18F. and a coastal storm is headed for Pa. and NJ. 12 to 20 inches??? Good luck! We will get some snow showers, enough to cover the melt of last week. The sheet of ice on the driveway remains. That's where I walk the dogs, so I make tiny baby steps everywhere. Mia tells me stories of subdural hematomas and even broken femurs from ice falls. No, thanks, no broken bones and I am confused enough as it is without any hematomas floating around in my head. I can't walk the dogs on the northside, as that is where the White Boys live and Thor still wants to kill Pip. I had Pip neutered, thinking that would help, but Thor has a long memory. Thor knows that Pip lives in the barn apt. but as long as he doesn't see Pip we're okay. I am salvaging yet another cotted fleece. Cotting happens when rain makes the wool wet and the heat from the sheep causes felting. If only the top is felted I can snip off the tips and pull apart the rest of the lock. Often the fleece looks nasty on top but underneath is a lovely white crimpy sheet of wool. OH, I just love to run my fingers through it. It's Sunday morning and I'm in my flannel nightie. I got a nice cold rush a minute ago while giving Larry and Lester their bottles. Larry's tail did not drop off so I examined it last night. I decided to snip off the withered part underneath the band. Treated the stump with Betadine and gave him an antibiotic so we should be okay. I'm trying to gear myself up mentally to catch Chris and give him the shots. This won't be easy, but llamas are intelligent and know when you are trying to help them. But for now I will sit in front of the wood stove and play with fleece a little while longer, have another cup of coffee and gaze up the hill.

No comments: