Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home At Last


Went to see the Tax Man, Mr. Darryl Lanning, in Oxford after work. I'm always nervous as heck but he is so easy going and nice he puts me at ease. I'm still running at a loss but so, what else is new? It's the hay thing...but we've been there too many times before. I'm going to go to all the local tractor dealers and see if anyone will let me sign for a tractor lease or loan. All they can say is no. Teachers are being laid off in the districts around us but BOCES is okay so far. Many people are in bad shape but Darryl says we've turned the corner and things are on the way up in the US. Wish I could believe that. It's crisp, cold and sunny outside. Vernal equinox is tomorrow. Big changes in the light. Here, it's 6:30 and very bright outside. Have to get the sheep shorn so I can bring wool to the mills when they come to Maryland. Costs too much to ship. They can bring the wool back to me at Rhinebeck this fall. Friday tomorrow, can't wait to stay home and work. All this driving hundreds of miles to work and places after work is making me so weary. I got caught in a police check point in Norwich today. They were checking everybody's inspection stickers! Got mine just in time... whew!

No comments: