Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where's My Package?


Okay, so my box of soap making supplies is lost. I've been patronizing Rainbow Meadow for years because their products are just so consistently good and pure and wonderful. They got the package out to me pronto but it never came. UPS says they left it "by the side door" on Friday. I live in a great big, long barn next to a little house where the old dairy farmer still lives. I can say "old" because he is just a little older than me! This close proximity can cause problems with dogs, loose sheep and goats, chickens eating Sister Grace's crocuses (I was just yelled at last weekend - and, let me tell you, you haven't been raked over the coals until you've been yelled at by a nun). UPS and Fed Ex are constantly confused over this arrangement. I don't have a front door or traditional porch assembly. I was just outside nailing up a piece of my handbag wood with "902" on it so Fed Ex and UPS know that the barn is a seperate residence. The mailbox was knocked down two years ago by a snow plow. While looking for my lost package, I found two that UPS left for my neighbor in my manure shed, and hauled them over to him. Nope, he said, nothing around his place for me. I won't be making soap tonight.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Hope the package turns up safe and sound!!! The world (and me) needs our Maggies fix :)
Also in regards to the german buck we may have found one for you so plan on a cage for Maryland.
HUGS
Kim