Friday, March 13, 2009

Farmer's Market Tomorrow


The second Saturday Farmer's Market is taking place tomorrow in the Earlville Opera House. It will be a late night for Maggie. I have to finish a bag, sew buttons on others, make creme (a big deal) and get soap ready. I am still in soap label crisis and have to get that resolved quickly. I think I will get a big lot printed at the print store then write in the name of the essential oil by hand. It will be like a personal signature. I like that idea. I have fabric to make bags until the cows come home...a good thing since it costs no money to make them except for clay for the buttons and cedar wood for the inserts. Good to have fabric in the "bank." Soap costs a lot of money to make and has to be made ahead of time to be cut and cured for a month. I can make creme the night before if I have to. Cold this morning - 10 F. Lovely this afternoon, though, and the weekend is supposed to be nice. Let's hope there is a good turnout tomorrow. Last month was fabulous. I'll bring a camera this time. Talked to my accountant, Mr. Lanning, today. I have to go to see him on Thursday with all the info he needs to tell me my farm is in the red - again. No news to me. Don't know how long I can keep this up but I'm having fun while it lasts. I thought if I incorporated I could run at a loss forever, but he says no, that's not true. It's all because of those lovely wooly creatures out there in the barn. I just have to work harder to make them pay for themselves. Speaking of getting to work...gotta go! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Good luck -hope its busy and there are lots of sales for you :)
HUGS

Kim and crew