Friday, January 16, 2009

Still Real Cold


Good day at work today. I played Scrabble with my new student this afternoon. It was extremely gratifying to see him looking up words in the dictionary (the book, not dictionary.com!)without prompting from me. It was one of those "moments." Made my day. It's Friday and I'm waiting for the wave of relief to pour over me. Weekends are not what they used to be, when I had the whole time to myself. Weekends are time to get too many things done. I am much happier this way, but Matt is not. He thinks weekends should be mini-vacations. I totally understand, but I just can't do nothing anymore. Doggies were very happy to see me this afternoon. Our walk didn't last very long today. After their business was done we went back in the barn to start hauling water to the chickens and sheep. The boys were yelling for their bottles. I picked up a new bucket of milk replacer on the way home - $60.00!! It's powdered whey, left over from cheese making. I can't help but think of the pair of work shoes sixty $$ would have bought. But here we are. This cold snap will last until Sunday, when we are supposed to have a heat wave into the 20's. I am watching the pictures of the plane that ditched in the Hudson. This is why I worry so much about Hannah and Luke travelling alone. I know it's safer than any other form of travel, but still...I plan on cutting out/sewing bags and getting some Lemon Eucalyptus soap made this weekend. Rosanna and her husband are going away and can't deliver wood until next week. Hope I can make it through. Gave Larry and Lester their bottles. I should let them out of the pen this weekend, but might make a bigger area for them instead. I only have three lambs this season and don't want anything to happen to my babies.

No comments: