Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Debbie Called


Debbie Zahn called, my friend from the Hamilton Market. Debbie is a farmer and terrific community organizer. She's very supportive of farmers and the arts. Debbie is starting a winter farmer's market at the Earlville Opera House, starting on February 14!! I'm so excited. It's a great way to see people and get energized for the upcoming season. It may be dark and cold in the barn, but the EOH will be bright and filled with colorful, fibery things. There are SO many talented people around here and Debbie will bring them out. Something else to look forward to...Jane Porter of Porter Studios is opening her Tangled Lair for an informal spinning/knitting/needle felting day on February 7. I'll bring my old Louet and leave Matt in charge of the farm for the day. Jane is a dress designer and textile artist. I've purchased some of her dress remnants for bag fabric and it's real classy stuff. I was thrilled to see someone open a fiber studio not 20 miles from me, complete with drum carders and wheels. I'm hoping to sneak over to Hamilton Whole Foods for lunch while I'm there and visit Candace, if she's not at the studio herself. So much to look forward to!

3 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

How exciting!!! Wish I lived closer -sounds like loads of fun :)
HUGS to all
Kim and crew

Cornerstone Fibres said...

How exciting!!! Wish I lived closer -sounds like loads of fun :)
HUGS to all
Kim and crew

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Sounds awesome!! Wish I loved closer :)
HUGS
Kim and crew