Friday, January 16, 2009

Carol's Bags



I befriended Carol when we were both vendors at the Fingerlakes Fiber Festival. Carol is from Ithaca and has been weaving and designing textiles for many years. Lately she's been making these incredible bags. She calls her business Crayon Box Designs - aptly named. Her bags are handknit in many colors and designs, then felted. But the fun doesn't stop there. Carol pays a lot of attention to the inside of her bags (something this Bundaflicka can appreciate). The lining is pieced and quilted in incredible fabrics, with pockets, nooks and crannies. I picked one out last September but waited too long to go and get it, thinking I would make some money first. Bad move, it was a goner. Carol surprised me with this picture of a new bag and an offer to barter for my roving. I didn't hesitate! Carol likes my blends with all the colorful bits of this and that. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot bag! You're a lucky person. I can't even imagine making that. It's wearable art.

Kathleen said...

Ooooo, that's beautiful. So colorful!

Oh, Maggie, I referred you to someone as a source for fiber on Ravelry. You might check your messages there to see if there's an inquiry.