Monday, January 21, 2008

My Buddy Knut


It was such a lovely afternoon with bright sun and very cold, although the wind died down a bit. I took the doggies for their afternoon walk since Matt had gone to get hay. Knut is soooo happy when I come to get him off the line for his daily run. When we get back and I hook him back up again he gives me a big kiss - no hard feelings. When I get some good fencing up in the spring I plan on letting Finn and Knut run free with a line and a milk crate connected to it. The crate prevents them from jumping the fence and running away - a trick used by many shepherds to train their LGD's (livestock guardian dogs). It takes these dogs 18 months or so to grow up and figure out what their job is. They are so lovable I wish I could bring them inside...but their jobs are outside where the predators are.

No comments: