Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jan and Dave Doing Nicely



Tomorrow I will let little Jan and Dave out of the jug with their mother. They are so tiny I am worried they will be trampled by the other sheep, but this has never happened before, so I will let them go. Mom is anxious to get out and the babies are nursing just fine. Oh, if I could only keep them this little forever. I pick them up and bury my face against their necks. They smell so good and feel so delightful, with their scrubby little first wool and cold, wet noses. Whenever I pick up lambs to love on them, the moms go into a hysterical "Where's My Baby!!" fit and go round and round in circles, fussing and complaining, even if I am right in front of them with the lambs. It's kind of funny, but I give them back their babies quickly. We must not upset the Mommies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. Your blog is such a treat!