Wednesday, October 03, 2007

More Soap


I'm waiting for the lye bath and oil mixture to cool down to 98 degrees. This is almond soap, sooooo nice. I finished last night's bag after work, then dinner, then dog walk, then chores. I have one goat, Cinnamon, down for some reason. I think Tommy Boy butted him when he might have gotten near a doe, but Cinnamon is a wether. TB is a bully and might have rammed him even though he is no threat. I am treating him with Banamine, Vitamin B. and Ivomec, just in case this is meningeal worm, in which case the damage is done. Matt is home from work tomorrow so I will call Dr. Rachel in the morning. She hasn't been here in several months. Started the soap at 9, even though I am exhausted. Much "drama" at work today and it drained me. Have to stay until 9 tomorrow as it is "Family Night." It's a delightful affair where we, the teachers, make a spaghetti dinner for the students' families...however, I am such a creature of routine that the thought of not coming home to do my dailies, well, it's unsettling. I will bring my spinning wheel, maybe Gretchen will remember to bring hers, and we'll spin. There is something so neat about spinning with a partner, or a group, and I haven't done that in SO long. Yes, I am a lone spinner. Me and the television. I have to cut up fabric to wrap all this soap in. I'm cutting up the lavender before I go to bed. Jan has a truckload to wrap down south in New Jersey. She is going to get together with Mia to get the job done. I will have a bunch here to do myself, along with skirting fleeces, putting together kits of several samples of roving (they did well at Fingerlakes) and putting photos into the notecards. I have Monday off so that will help get some things done and give me a little time to rest, I hope.

No comments: