Sunday, October 28, 2007

Big Dog Fight


Jackie woke me up at 6:15 to go out. I was so snug in that bed and tried ignoring him and saying as softly and nastily as I could, "No, No, Jackie." Well, he kept scratching at the bedroom door so I rolled out. I have a high colonial canopy bed which I have to use a stepping stool to get up on and can roll out of and I am standing up. Once up, I am up...and all the doggies thought yay! she's taking us out!! Pip and Tanner have to be leashed and run out the other side of the barn so Thor doesn't try to eat Pip, which he almost did yesterday. Matt was walking Pip through the barn and Thor's line was just long enough that he could get a little too close to Pip, and Pip's leash was just long enough that he could jump Thor. I heard Matt's screams from all the way in the apt. and ran out to see Pip with his mouth around Thor's leg and Thor's giant mouth around Pip's head. I grabbed a board and started whacking Pip's rear end. He let go and Thor let go to look at me just long enough for Matt to yank Pip away. Now Pip might weigh 30 pounds, and Thor is about 125 but Pip doesn't know that. Thor's apt. with the vet to get clipped is Nov 28 but I think that's too long. My vet can't accomodate all the animals I need to get fixed so I think I will have to work with two clinics. A colleague recommended New Berlin Veterinary to me. He takes care of the elephants at the Syracuse Zoo so I guess he can handle anything I can throw at him...we'll see.

No comments: