Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Chasing Ghosts


When I took the dogs out this morning I saw hunter's lights on the top of my hill. I rushed the dogs back in and jumped in the truck to get up there and run them off. There I was in the pre-dawn darkness parked in the middle of the field yelling get out of here...you can't hunt on this field...on and on. I saw a glint of light and shouted in that direction. Turned out to be my own dogs on the dead pile. When I got back to the barn and shook Matt awake he told me it was probably drive by spotlighters. They ride around shining lights on the fields to see where the deer are. I started posting Jan's land yesterday. Hunters ripped down all my signs last year. I heard a 12 point buck ran into my apple orchard and they were angry that I wouldn't allow them to come in and shoot it. Sorry! Thousands of acres around here - you can't hunt on my little farm.

No comments: